Is there a way to prevent having a bad breath?
You can prevent having bad breath by:
- Practicing good oral hygiene.
- Brushing at least twice a day using fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing daily to remove food debris and plaque stuck between the teeth and under the gumline
- Seeing your dentist regularly
- Giving up smoking/chewing tobacco
- Drinking water frequently
- Using antiseptic mouthwash/rinses
Why should I floss, is brushing not enough?
Flossing reduces the growth of bacteria in your mouth. Brushing your teeth may not be enough to remove bacteria in your mouth, but flossing can help get rid of such bacteria. If you don't floss, you will let the plaque stay between your teeth that harden over time, forming tartar, that can only be removed with professional instruments.
Is smokeless tobacco harmful?
Smokeless tobacco might be smokeless, but it is quite harmful. It can cause problems like:
- An unhealing sore
- Having a lump or white patch
- Suffer from a prolonged sore throat
- Difficulty while chewing
- Restricted movement of the tongue or jaw.
How to prevent cavities?
Tips to prevent cavities:
- You need to spend two to three minutes for brushing your teeth
- Don't brush too hard
- Floss at least once a day
- Keep a check on sugar consumption.
- If you cannot brush after a meal, at least rinse your mouth with water
- Go for regular dental visits