The appearance of your smile is just as important as your oral health. A good and beautiful-looking smile a sign of confidence, and frankly, all of us crave for one. But getting a smile that is flawless is easier said than done as several hurdles such as cavities, discoloration, tooth loss, tartar, etc. stand in the way.
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that concentrates solely on improving the appearance of your smile. Procedures such as oral cleaning, teeth whitening, orthodontic solutions, and several restorative services ensure you get the smile that you’ve always dreamt of. The best part about them is that most of them not only improve the aesthetics but the functionality and health of the teeth as well.
Plaque and tartar are the worst enemies to individuals who crave for better oral health and a flawless smile. Plaque is a transparent layer of microbes getting deposited on the teeth. When proper and effective oral hygiene isn’t practiced, plaque turns into tartar, a dark, sticky, and difficult-to-remove substance on the teeth and root surfaces.
Oral cleaning includes two processes; Scaling and Root planing. Scaling is done to remove the tartar deposits from the surface of the tooth crown, whereas root planing is for the tooth roots. An ultrasonic hand-held scaler is used for this purpose.
Teeth discoloration is a common problem among individuals who excessively consume colored foods, do not brush their teeth regularly, or face the ill-effects of certain medication. A dull smile is a serious hinderer of confidence and completely ruins the facial appearance of the person. We can help overcome it with the help of our amazing teeth whitening solutions. A whitening gel would be applied on your teeth and spread evenly. It would remain on the surface for a while and after the desired results are obtained, it will be rinsed off. It can be repeated multiple times in case of severe staining.
Replacing missing teeth
Missing teeth are a big letdown, especially if a frontal tooth is lost. It also affects the functionality of the patient’s mouth and could lead to malocclusion as the remaining teeth tend to drift towards the gap left. Dental implants are considered as the best solution to missing teeth due to their sturdiness, strength, longevity and flawless aesthetics. If you prefer getting a tooth replacement without undergoing surgery, a dental bridge would be a good option. In case of several missing teeth, dentures would be the perfect solution.
Restoring damaged or misshapen teeth
External injury to the mouth could either cause the teeth to chip, crack or fracture. We, as dentists, always prefer to save the natural tooth and do everything we can in this regard. Our range of restorative services would be the perfect way to restore a badly damaged tooth. Some of them are as follows:
- Veneers: Veneers are thin porcelain shells that are bonded on to the frontal surface of the teeth. They help to treat minor cracks, chipping, and severe discoloration issues.
- Dental crowns: Crowns are cap-like restorations that cover the entire surface of a tooth. They serve the same purpose as veneers but are only stronger. This is why they are mostly preferred to hold a weak tooth intact and prevent crumbling.
- Bonding:Bonding involves applying a composite resin to the surface of an etched tooth to restore its shape.
- Fillings: Filling material, which can be made from composite, ceramic or amalgam, is used to fill a cavity caused due to tooth decay. Sometimes, it can be used to treat minor cracks as well.
- Inlays and Onlays:They are customized restorations. Inlays are an alternative to fillings and are used to fill cavities. Onlays are cap-like structures used to restore the cusp (biting surface) of a worn out tooth.
Call us or schedule an online appointment to get closer to that flawless smile that you’ve been dreaming of!